Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A set back

I was on a roll for new patterns but have had a setback. I have hearts cut out, bunnies and gingers, most of them in different stages of painting and finishing. But…..before Christmas my Dear Mom went into the hospital. She was diagnosed with renal failure. After Christmas my husband and I went to visit (she lives in Alabama, we live in Virginia). She was home and starting to make some improvement. We stayed a few days and then came home. January 14th, one of my sisters called to let me know our loving, generous, compassionate mom passed away. She turned 86 years old on Dec 13th. Mom did not want a traditional funeral service so in lieu of this we are having a "Remembrance" of her Jan 25th. We will share stories of her life and swap pictures. When I return home I will do my best to finish the projects I have started and put them on my website. I'm not sure yet how all this will affect me, I do know that painting is a therapeutic outlet for me so hopefully I will not have a stall. Please be patient as I go through this time of grief and keep checking back for new patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment